Saturday, January 8, 2011

Goals for 2011

I don't really like making resolutions because I often fail. And, if today's date says anything I would have already failed for this year. However, I do think it is important to set goals. Without goals to strive for we will simply be sailing through life, not accomplishing much. Or we will be so bogged down because we are trying to do too many things. If we have set goals we can always go back and check our activities and see if they are helping us reach our goals. If not, well they can wait for another day. So, here are a few of my goals for the new year!

1. Have a deeper relationship with my Lord and Savior. Since having Michael almost a year ago I have let this slide in a big way. I want this to be the year I get back on track. So, I am going to memorize 1 verse/week and be more consistent with my daily quiet times.

2. Be physically fit. Also since having Michael I have let exercise go by the wayside. I would like to return to exercising 3-5x per week. We have re-joined the YMCA and I also am going to run a 1/2 marathon!

3. Eat more organic foods. I have been reading a few books and have decided I would like to eat more natural and less processed foods. I am going to go to the Farmer's Market when it starts back up and I am also going to buy more meat and produce from a local farm. I am interested to see how this will affect my grocery budget.

4. Form a deeper relationship with my husband. I think since having kids (see a theme here) I have been slacking on staying connected with my hubby. I am so tired of being clung to all day that I just want some alone time. Or I just have so much to do that I don't see how I can take a night to just relax with my honey. I am going to have 1 date night per week, go out 1x per month, and take 1 weekend away with my hubby this year. I am also making a goal to "flirt" every day ;)

5. Focused time with kiddos every day. I am going to keep plugging away with Tot School with both my kiddos, especially Moo-Bear. I am going to make this a priority to do educational activities every day. I am also going to do one fun thing per week with my kiddos (library, water park, zoo, museum, etc.). We are also planning on attending the Homeschool Convention this April.

6. Recycle. I have been wanting to start recycling for awhile now, but never got started. So, I am going to research some things a get this started. The hardest thing is we don't have pick-ups so I will have to take it every week or so. Also, our recycling center doesn't take plastics, so I will have to look into that.

7. Make my own food and cleaners. I already make my own laundry soap and baby food, but I would like to expand that and start making more things from home. I found this great site for making my own yogurt and I can't wait to try it out.

8. Time Management. I would like to get a little more organized and make the best use of my time. Mostly I would like to get a better schedule in place so that I have more time to spend with my kiddos and husband. I feel like I always have so much to do and I don't take enough time to just relax and enjoy my life.


So, I think that is plenty for me to focus on for the new year. There are other things I would like to accomplish, but I don't want to overwhelm myself so I will just stop here. Hopefully next year I will be able to look back at this and see how much I have accomplished!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a big list! Those are great goals though, and I need to implement some of your ideas myself. I'd like to hear about your food and cleaners whenever you end up making them! :)

    ReplyDelete