Sunday, June 27, 2010
Wow! I can't believe it has been almost a month since I have posted. I was really going to try to post regularly, but life got busy around here. So, for tonight I will leave you with some bullets about our happenings lately. Hopefully later this week I will be back with a better post :)
- I took the kiddos on a trip to Houston. We stopped in Dallas and stayed a night with my aunt and uncle. So fun :)
- Had a blast in Houston. Got to see some old friends, played at the pool, went to the zoo and got to do some shopping!
- Matt's mom rode back to PC with me, which was really nice. We ended up doing the whole drive in 1 day b/c I was so ready to be home. The kiddos did great!
- I taught VBS this year. I don't think I have done that since I was in high school. I got to teach the kiddos going into 3rd grade in the fall. We had a blast...well, I did anyway :)
- Our church had the parent/child dedication on Father's Day. We had both our kiddos dedicated. Matt's parents were able to be here for that and his g-ma and aunt/uncle came to church with us that day! It was a great reminder for me and to keep my purpose as a mother in the forefront of my mind.
- Matt found out that he will be a general engineer for the refinery, which means we will be staying in PC for another 3 years. After that, who knows!
- I have begun couponing. It is slightly addicting and since I am new at this whole thing it takes me forever to figure out my grocery trips. I hope it begins to get easier b/c I really don't have time to spend hours every week figuring all this out ;)
- This weekend we were able to just stay home and enjoy some time together as a family. It was nice to relax for a bit.
- For the 4th we will be going to Little Rock to visit some good friends! Lots of good times are coming :)
Saturday, June 5, 2010
With the holiday on Monday and preparing for our trip to Houston we only did Tot School 1 day this week. It was a fun day and I was glad Moo-Bear and I got to spend some time together!
We painted with red and blue :)
I got this file folder game from Confessions of a Homeschooler. She wasn't really that into it, but she knew how to match the colors.
We played with our bead set we recently got from Amazon. The beads are pretty small so it was kind of difficult for her to string them, but she loved all the shapes and letters.
I bought these flag toothpicks and we stuck them into a piece of styrofoam. She thought that was pretty fun!
I also had some foam stars that are red, white and blue. We worked on sorting them by color.
I got this star shaped ice-cube tray from Wal-mart so we used it to count beads.
We just got to Houston on Friday and are having a great time. i talked the in-laws into going to IKEa today to do a little Tot School shopping I had both kiddos with us and Moo-Bear was really whiny so I didn't get to look around as much as I wanted to, but managed to find a few things. I got some cute ice-cube trays, some fun containers and the best find was some fabric for $1.99 a yard. I am going to make her a tee-pee for Christmas and the fabric was a wonderful price!! Can't wait to work on it sometime :)
For more great ideas check out 1+1+1=1!